Sunday, May 27, 2012

Week 7

This week we discussed two very interesting topics: one-computer classes and learner autonomy. I have a one-computer class and it was just great gathering new ideas. There's just so much we can do with it! As for learner autonomy, I have always tried to increase it in my classes. It is very hard, because teachers tend to control most part of their students' learning. I include myself in that group. I really have to control myself not to spoon-feed my students and not to have them to just what I want all the time. I believe it is really important and profitable to have students contribute, participate and take hold of their own learning!

The project seems to be getting shape. All the activities I plan and post are related to my project. I have already put into practice some ideas and the results were amazing. I am really excited, and I hope other teachers can get new ideas from reading my project. Now it's time to write everything down, organize the ideas and get more ideas from my partner! =)

1 comment:

  1. I guess Roberta it's time to get down to real work as the course is getting to its end. It's great that your project has started to become materialized. I am sure that your Ss will soon understand the difference and become autonomous learners easily.
    Good luck with your work!

    ReplyDelete