Sunday, May 6, 2012

Week 4

4 weeks down, 6 to go! I'm getting each time more excited as the tasks proposed lead us to exploring and learning more and more.
This week we explored some reading and writing resource websites. I did not have time to explore as many websites as I wanted to, but it sure was great to read my classmates comments on many different websites. It gets much easier when you know in advance what you can find in each site! I especially liked the comics websites. I think students are going to have lots of fun!
We also had to create a technology enhanced lesson plan. This was particularly hard. I already make use of technology every class, but how could I make it more interesting and relevant? I decided to create a Facebook group for my class and I hope this will help my students practice English there too!
I'm really looking forward to week 5!

3 comments:

  1. I've also created a group on facebook for my intermediate students, so far haven't succeed much, but I'm expecting it to improve. would you mind sending me the link from the site that has comics please, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Roberta!
    I like the fact that you countdown to Week 10. However, my excitement is "overcome" by the stress I feel as to what new I will have to create and implement... A facebook group sounds like a great idea... Actually, I was thinking of creating a class blog where my students will (hopefully) write freely about their experiences... All this form the coming school year (as this year I am on maternity leave)
    Nice talikng to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, 4 down, 6 to go. Time goes by very fast. It seems just yesterday I was having trouble with my blog. But here I am now commenting on your blog. To be honest this is all new to me.

    I also have tried facebook with my students, so far I think I haven´t squeezed all the goodness of it, but hopefuly with all these wonderful ideas everyone shares it gets better.

    ReplyDelete